3 September 2016

Bad Moms Review

I have just got back from the cinema. I went to watch Bad Moms with my mum as we both really wanted to watch it. In the middle of the film I thought "I really need to write a blog post about this"
and instantly I have opened my laptop and started typing.




I loved the film. I enjoy girly, funny, easy to watch films which this one certainly was. The film is about a women who has a husband, 2 children and a good job but she works too hard and everything gets a bit too much in the end. She then meets these 2 women and everything changes, they let their hair down, have fun and achieve the things they want. I think that no one could have played the character better than Mila Kunis. I loved everything about Amy and the friendships she made.

I feel that the message in his film is very important. It expresses how much pressure mums have to be 'perfect'.
  1.  Get up early
  2. Make yourself look presentable
  3. Cook your children breakfast and an amazing lunch for school
  4. Have a successful job
  5. Pick children up from school
  6. Take them to extra-curricular activities
  7. Cook dinner
  8. Help the children with homework
  9. Put your children to bed
  10. Do the chores
and the list goes on... however this can all be too much. Sometimes mums deserve a night off to do whatever they want. Maybe they want to pop open a bottle of wine or go out with their friends... so what? Just as long as their children are safe and happy mums should be allowed to have a stress free life. 

What bothered me the most in the film was when Amy's child called her selfish because she didn't get something that she wanted. Mums always want what is best for their children and work their butts of to get it.

Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather be a bad mum than a strict mum. I will obviously want what is best for my children however I don't feel like stressing over it will benefit my children either. I believe that my children should be allowed to be children and not have to concentrate on small tests and homework all the time. Of course these are important, I'm just saying that time should be broken up between studying and playing. At the end of the day, children learn so much by playing as well which I could go on and on about, so letting your child have some time off isn't such a bad thing?

Anyway, these are just my opinions. What do you think?

I am referring to the kind of 'Bad Mom' that film is expressing.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Ahhh I really enjoyed this film. It was a combination of comedy and real life parenting for me (from a mother's perspective). The very same scene was what bothered me too when Amy's daughter called Amy selfish, yet she was trying to balance too many things at once. And it does convey an important message that mums just want the best for their children 😊

    Natasha x

    www.natashabolgermedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you agree with me! Xx

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to see this film! The adverts look hilarious and I love Mila Kunis!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to go and see this film for a while so thank you for this! This was a really helpful review X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! You'll love this! & you're welcome glad you liked my post Xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to watch this omg!!
    Charlotte<33
    lifewithcharlottte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO excited to watch this!! I agree, I'd rather be a "bad mom" than a strict one, but realistically - the less stress there is, the smoother things tend to go! :) xx

    www.acrushonlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah i really need to find time to watch this Pixie xx www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to go and see this film! I feel like mums need to remember to care for their needs as well as their child's, which includes letting their hair down!

    Alicia
    www.aestheticobsessed.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to watch this tomorrow! I become a Mum in December so think its going to be a good film for me

    Tasha x

    http://itsatashathing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep meaning to go and see this film! It looks so funny!

    the-finerthingsinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have watched the film twice since it came out!! Absolutely love it!

    broganrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't watched this yet, but am so excited to. This post made me want to even more! I think you're right about balance in children and the fact that mums need some time out too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will really enjoy the film. I'm glad you my review made you want to see it even more! x

      Delete
  13. I need to see this movie, loved the trailer and at the actresses x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig