4 September 2016

My Adulthood Checklist

I am 19 now and it's not long till my birthday in Novemeber. When I was younger I thought being 20 was considered old, but I was wrong! I still feel like I could be 17. I have loved being a teenager, not having many responsilbilities. The years are going by so fast, before I know it I could have my own home, pets or even children. This is all very exciting, I feel that in a couple more years I am going to be ready for this whole new life experience. I feel that I will want to be a family person which I have always dreamed of. 










From these pictures you can see I am always changing, from my appearance, preferances, opinions and confidence. From the happy baby, to the shy teenage girl who didn't even want to go to prom, to a girl with lots more self-esteem who has made friends. I have ventured into the young adult life of clubbing, becoming sociable and having fun. I have a lot more of growing up to do so to help me here is my adulthood checklist...

  • Be happy in my job.

 I want to have a full time job, working hard to earm lots of money. I plan to always be working my way up. I'd love to make friends in my work life to always keep me happy when I am working. Some days can be stressful, some days can be fun. I just hope I can be succesful and always love my job.

  • Move out

Me and my boyfriend are always talking about moving out together into a flat then hopefully moving into a house when we are ready to start a family. I would love to have my own rules and privacy. My mum doesn't give me chores to do except clean my room however I'd love not to hear "LOUISE THIS ROOM IS A MESS TIDY IT UP NOW!" when all you can see out of place is an empty water bottle and maybe a pair of socks on the floor. Cleaning my whole flat or house will be very challagening for me because I've never been very domestic but I'd learn and get used to it.

  • Going out and doing fun things, meeting friends
The kind of fun for me isn't partying etc. I feel like I am so over it already. Now that I have met my boyfriend and he is learning to drive I can't wait to have fun weekends. Using public transport and walking places limits the things we can do however a car would allow us to do so many things. For example, driving through safari parks, visiting theme parks, going strawberry picking, visiting cities, shopping in different centres, planning weekends away, going to the cinema. There are so many more things to do and waking up on Sunday's with a hangover is something I hardly want to have.


  •  Start a family

I would love to have 2 children. Preferably a boy and a girl. My mum had me when she was 21, I always wanted to be young like her when I have children but I think I'll wait. I'd also love to add a cat and a dog to my family.

  •  Go on holidays

I would love to go travelling however staying in hostels for me is a no no no! So, I'd prefer a family holiday once a year visiting different destinations each time.

  •  Get married

I hope to one day get married to the love of my life. I have always dreamed of having a wedding in a church, then having the reception in a fancy hotel with lovely scenery and big fancy grounds.

  • See my children grow up happy 

I hope to see my children doing whatever they want to do and being who they want to be. I'd also love to be a Nanny of course at a reasonable age! I want to have a big family so that when I'm older I'll never feel alone. I love frequently visiting my Nan and Grandad and going on days out with them. I love how they are still young and I can do things with them. Therefore I'd love to be like this with my grandchildren.

  •  Retire and be stable

I have been working since I was 15 and I can't imagine the age we will have to be when we can retire. My Nan and Grandad worked hard their whole life. They started with nothing but now that they don't work they still run a nice car, live in a dream home, always go on holidays and are able to give their family everything they want. They were smart and planned for the future.


My list sounds fun right? But unfortunatly it's easier said than done. It is so hard for young people to get onto the housing market these days, houses are just too expensive and I feel that renting is a waste of money. Millennials have no plans for retirement. I have heard too many people say that life is too short and why would they save money for when they are older instead of living their life now. However, when it comes to the time you have to retire with no money life is going to be hard. It is so important that you start understanding the adult life and stop dreaming.

Personal Capital offer the help you need to start managing your life. They allow you to see your net worth and plan for the future. They offer advisors which will help you to find out more about your financial goals when buying a new home, starting a family and retireing early. Personal Capital could really change your life and open your eyes up to the real world where everything becomes important later in life.

13 comments :

  1. This is so cute Lou!! lifewithcharlottte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is very appropriate for me! Desperate to move out and save :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog post! Very wise words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, If I go on holiday, then I want to explore the world and visit loads of different places!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you want to do that! So exciting seeing the world! Shame I've only been a little so far! There's so many amazing places I want to go to!

      Delete
  5. Aw you were such a cute little girl! I love your list, it's lovely that you've mostly gone for non-material things like family and a job you enjoy :) I'm desperate to move out and have my own space but it's so expensive haha.

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post, I hope it all goes to plan for you :) I'm very similar to you, family oriented, not much of a party girl and I'd love to one day have a family! At the moment it's just me, the boyfriend and the 2 dogs :)

    Em x
    www.ohfab.co.uk • www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ohfab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is such a sweet idea, I loved reading through it. When you are older you should definitely look back at it! You have such a lovely and inspiring blog here, keep up your amazing work it is paying off! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post, Louise! I have very similar goals to you, as I want to travel the world too. I would love to go to a new destination each and every year just like you. My first stop it Bora Bora. From there, Australia... Then, Italy! Lovey post, dear. xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, Thanks for sharing this! I have similar goals too :) I'm sure this will be nice for you to read back on!
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely post,such a good list xo


    todaysouhaila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I reply to as many as I can as I love to have a chat with my readers about the topics I choose to discuss on my blog. Any comments that are inappropriate will be deleted as I like to keep my blog positive.