5 December 2016

6 Reasons Why I Wear Fake Tan


I feel like fan tan is something you either LOVE or you HATE. There are many users of fake tan however there are many people out there who would turn down the thought of applying fake tan straight away. Which is fair enough, not everyone wants to be tanned but some of those say they are too pale to even try fake tan... thats the whole point! I am pale, like probably more pale than you. I literally look like I am a piece of paper (haha). So, if I can get away with it then you probably can too! It's just the matter of mastering the application and removal. I'm not going to go into how to do this there are lots of tutorials out there on YouTube, and also reccomendations of the best ones (if you'd like to see a blog post about my tanning routine, let me know in the comments). However, seeing as I have been tanning for 3 years I feel that I can tell you why I wear it and give you some tips.


1. Fake tan gives me more confidence. It makes me feel like I look better with a bit of colour instead of a pale ghost, which is fine but it's just not what I want personally, I wish my skin tone was a few shades darker. I like to dye my hair blonde too so I just feel like I am completey washed out. I totally feel that I look better without makeup when I am tanned, it acts like a foundation on my face.

2. I have tried many foundations to try and find one that matches my neck. However, I have not been lucky which is another reason why I don't like being pale. Every single shade with appears to be the lighest doesn't work for me. Especially, when I add on bronzer, I literally look like I am in school again with an orange face and white neck. There are many darker shades that match me and I can also mix together foundation shades to find a match to my fake tan. There are also drops out there which you can add to foundation to make it darker. There are many more choices for foundation for me now which is amazing because foundations are my favourite makeup products and I love trying new ones.

3. Do you ever really like something on the hanger then take it to the dressing room and it doesn't look so nice. Well when this happens to me I always say to myself that "I need to try this on with a tan" or "this will look better with a tan." I hate how my legs look without a tan they look so stubby whereas with a tan they just look longer and thinner, or maybe that is just what I see in my head...

4. Sun beds seem like a good idea. You don't have to out and buy products, try different ones till you've found your holy grail, book in spray tans and stand there basically naked infront of a stranger, worry about going patchy and not worry about needing to shave your legs but it's going to take your tan off. I always plan my fake tan lol I am obsessed and I can never go a day without it. However, I am not going to risk sun beds obviously. It's not worth it to risk your life, plus it gives your wrinkles. I work in a sun bed shop part time for extra money and I would not like to lie on a bed where previously it has been used by sweaty naked people (gross).

5. Gradual tans are good to make your tan last longer. I always used mousses however I was fed up of scrubbing it off every week and applying it again. I find it harder to remove mousses and I can't be bothered to spend ages trying to get it off so I wasn't taned all the time. Now that I use gradual tanners aslong as I moisturise inbetween I can top up every few days. This lasts me about 2 weeks which is perfect as I am tanning less which saves time and effort. It also is lighter which is perfect for everyday. I do miss being really brown though, but I can still use my mousses for special occasions!

6. I can't go out without bronzer, if I could only use 3 makeup products for the rest of my life it would probably be included. I just love being bronzed and contoured. I can get away with this when I am tanned as it blends in nicely and doesn't look too obvious. Whereas when I am pale I can't just easily bronze and contour. I have to find suitable colours for my skin tone, when I am tanned I can basically use any bronzer and my makeup looks good. Plus if I go over board by accident it can easily be fixed. There have been many times where I have applied too much bronzer and I have had to take all my face makeup off and start again!

I always get my friends into fake tan because I am clearly obsessed. It's not for everyone but it just makes me feel better about myself and we should do whatever makes us happy right? Whether that's doing all sorts of cool things or just wearing fake tan haha! However, all skin tones are beautiful, I just wish I was happy in my own skin I guess.

Louise x

3 comments :

  1. This is a great post. I have actually never worn fake tan because I enjoy being pale but I'm glad that wearing fake tan makes you more confident. It's important to feel confident and if fake tan is what works for you then go for it! :)

    www.eleaanormay.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried fake tan and this was a very interesting post to read. I am quite pale myself and I am not sure if it will look okay on me, haha :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try fake tanning, I agree with your points! Tanning beds can be so dangerous for your skin, and I always feel a bit more confident with a nice glowing tan! This was a lovely read Louise!

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I reply to as many as I can as I love to have a chat with my readers about the topics I choose to discuss on my blog. Any comments that are inappropriate will be deleted as I like to keep my blog positive.