8 January 2017

Beauty Buys from America


When my dad went to Vegas and I have never been to excitedddddd thinking about what makeup I could get. However, I don't think my poor dad wanted to visit different drugstores to find the many products I wanted. He kindly said if I wrote a list he would try to find some of the products. He obviously has no clue about makeup and brands so I made the list very clear and literally asked for a few things. I didn't ask him to go to Sephora as that would be a bit too much haha... So he came back with 3 items which I was very grateful for. He tried his best to find what I wanted and there was only 5 things on the list anyway. 


I asked for a Wet n Wild eyeshadow palette in comfort zone. My dad couldn't find this and obviously didn't know what it was and ended up picking this one up instead. However, I am soooo glad I got this one and I love this palette more. The colours are gorgeous and I especially love the bronzy, orangey shade as well as the gold one. The colours are pigmented and are easy to apply. Most of the shades are shimmery with a few mattes. I haven't really played round with many colours because everytime I pick up this palette I can't stop myself from using those orangey shades. Every shade is pigmented and I have recently added this to my drawer in my dressing table which incudes my everyday makeup.


I don't even like to wear blush but how could I not get a Milani blush. It does just sit in my drawer but I am still glad that I got it. When I used it I couldn't really detect it on my skin as I feel that it just blends with my foundation and brozner seeing as I use tanned products to match my fake tan. If I applied this when I am pale I feel that I would be able to see this more but I don't think I would like the look. I have natural red cheeks which annoys me so I feel that I don't even need blusher. I have the shade Luminso and I know lots of people love this shade but I just can't really comment because I'm not a huge blush fan.

As for the foundation, I watched Youtube reviews by girls who wear fake tan so I could have an idea of what shade to get. I decided Golden Tan would be a good match. When I tried it, luckily it matched my fake tan when I use a mousse. However, when I wear a gradual tanner this is too dark but that is okay seeing as I love my L'Oreal True Match for everyday. I really like this foundation and I find that I will use this for special occasions when I want to look very tanned. Also, because I don't want to finish it haha!

Im really happy with the products I got and my dad is so kind for buying them for me. I hope I can go to America one time to go shopping! Just FYI- I have had this post drafted for a LONG time and I'm not sure why I never uploaded it. I'm not sure if these products are really old now but hope you enjoyed the post none the less!

Louise x

3 comments :

  1. There are so many Wet & Wild products I want to try! Also, the Physicians Formula bronzer too. I know everyone goes on about Sephora but I love their drugstores like Walgreens for Elf and other more affordable brands.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of your Dad to get these goodies for you! :) Shame about the Milani blush, I've heard some really fab things about their products, but haven't tried any myself! I'm pale as a ghost so I need a blush on a daily basis to even look alive, haha, and I think that the shade you got is really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, hun. <3 xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i had picked up more makeup in vegas! I tried a glittery wet and wild shadow that i loooooooove xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I reply to as many as I can as I love to have a chat with my readers about the topics I choose to discuss on my blog. Any comments that are inappropriate will be deleted as I like to keep my blog positive.