5 January 2017

NYX Lingerie Lipstick and HD Finishing Power Review


I'm not sure why but whenever I go to a Boots store and I see a NYX stand, I feel like I have to buy something to try out. I haven't really experimented much with this brand. My local store has so many signs for NYX and I was told by a member of staff it would arrive in August. It's January 2017 now and it's till not here! I have 2 matte lip creams which are nice colours but I am not really a HUGE fan. but I didn't give up on trying their lip products. I have had my eyes on the lingerie lipsticks for a while. I have also been wanting a loose powder so I thought I'd pick these two products up to try, because well, why not! They didn't have many shades of the lingerie lipsticks in stock however I am glad I found a nude. I was always for the bright and bold lip colours but I don't see myself coming out of this phase anytime soon! 

I wanted a loose powder as I thought I'd try and learn how to bake etc, however I don't think this trend is going to make it's way into my makeup routine any time soon. When applying this product I have to make sure I tap off product before, because it will go everywhere and look like I have been doing dodgy things (haha jokes). But seriously, I end up breathing it all in, having a coughing fit and then having to sort my face out because I have covered myself in white powder. I have been appling this with my RT setting brush. It sets my under eye concealer and makes my eyes feel SOOO soft! However, I wouldn't recommend this for setting your whole face. Especially if you have dry skin. Seriously, this will cling to everything. It could possibly let you know that your skin is dry if you didn't know what skin type you are!!!! It clings, it goes patchy (but maybe this is just me). I don't think I am going to continue using this. I have decided I dont like loose powders and I feel they make me look too white.


I love the packaging of the lip product. I have the shade 03 Lace Detail. As you can see from the swatch, it's a gorgeous nudey, pinky brown shade. I really like the colour, and it looks nice on the lips. Especially with a dark smokey eye. I am not really getting on with any liquid lipstick at the moment because my lips are so dry. Any lipstick that goes on feels like chalk, it gets so uncomfortable and I make my lips worse by wiping it off. So, I need to get my hands on some lip scrubs. I haven't really been able to use it because of this reason. When I have used liquid lipsticks in the past, I have liked them so I can't wait to enjoy this when I sort my lips out lol... 

What else do I need to try from NYX? Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my post!

Louise x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Loved this post as always Lou! Their jumbo eye pencils and lip liners are really good. I definitely want to try out the lipstick it looks a really pretty shade. By the way the photos are really pretty. Can't wait to read your next post x

    A x | www.meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYX, and you picked up two really nice products. The lip lingerie lipsticks are really nice, but I'm totally with you on not getting along with liquid lipsticks at the moment! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  3. I love Nyx but we don't have many products here so I end up buying lots online. The Soft Matte Lip creams are amazing, I have 2 and they have the best formula.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. I'm also not a huge fan of the powder. It has ridiculous flashback so not good if you're taking pics on a day out! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one being negetive about it haha! Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the shade of that lippie!

    Sara | www.saraspoke.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lippie is gorgeous, such a lovely nude. I haven't had problems with the HD powder but perhaps is because my skin is more on the oily side

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig