15 January 2017

Products Removed From My Everday Makeup Drawer


I am going to start by apologising for the horrendous quality of my pictures in this blog post. I have really upped my photography game over the last couple of months but I really have no idea what is going on today. I thought I'd upload the pictures anyway because I am sure you don't mind... and also I took these before going back to work after 2 weeks off and I am super busy so I don't have much time to improve these . Anyyyyway! As I was sat in my bed feeling poorly whilst getting over my cold I felt a sudden urge to get up and clear out my drawers, strange I know! My everyday makeup drawer was getting out of control and it ended up being hard to shut. I knew some products that I stopped using had to be taken out and replaced with new things that I have got and also old products that I want to bring out again.



  • Makeup Revolution HD Pro Sculpt & Contour Palette I ended up becoming bored of using this. I have so many contouring products I thought I'd switch this out. It's nice but it's not the easiest product to blend.
  • Maybelline Master Contour Stick This is a nice product and I'd use this product all the time if there wasn't a highlighting shade as well. I end up with a brown and white line on my face
  • NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder This product is fairly new however I just don't like it and have other products that are better.

  • Maybelline Dream Bronze BB Cream I like to use this when I hardly want to wear makeup, which is rare so thought I'd put this back and reach for it when it's needed next.
  • Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks I love these but I am loving other products at the moment so these are not being used. However, I will bring these out again soon.
  • L'Oreal Infallible Foundation I really don't like this foundation. I think I need to try it more but I found it is too orange and doesn't last that long. Just a meh product for me.
  • Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick I don't like this at all at the moment. It feels like I'm putting chalk on my lips rather than a lipstick. Maybe it will be better when it gets warmer and my lips are not as dry? I don't know...

  • Makeup Revolution Highlighter I like this and it's a lovely colour for highlighting. I recommend it to those starting out with highlighter or those who are looking for cheap drugstore makeup products but I am loving other products at the moment which are slightly more pigmented. 
  • Seventeen Shimmer Brick I forgot this was even in here. I am putting this away for now but in summer this will come back out! I have had this for years and I still like it.
  • L'Oreal True Match Highlight This is alright, I just don't tend to reach for it a lot so thought I'd put it into storage.

  • Urban Decay Naked Palette I love this palette and it's a favourite of mine. However, I am putting this away as I use it too much and I need to use other eyeshadow palettes.
  • Makeup Revolution Brow Pomade I only like to use this product when I have just got my eyebrows done. When drawing on brows, if you use too much product, this makes your eyebrows look too creamy and product builds up in the hairs (yuck). I really need my brows waxed so when I finally get them done this will come out again!
So these are the products that are going back into my makeup storage. I ended up getting out my Sleek cream contouring palette, Smashbox shape matters palette and Two Faced Chocolate Palette as now I have room to put these into my small everyday makeup drawer. Thank you for reading and please leave a comment below. What have you recently got back out of your storage?

Louise x
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Loved this post Lou! Can't wait for your next post x
    A x | www.meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, I have nominated you for a Bloggers Recognition Award!
    Please follow the link to view the rules of the nomination.

    http://colourmeminebeauty.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/blogger-recognition-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your pictures look gorgeous, and yeah I have the naked palette too and it is the only eyeshadow I use.. I really need to stop! I am so glad I found your blog, your content is wonderful you should be so proud.. keep up the amazing work pretty lady! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig