5 March 2017

Weekend in Brighton


This post is 4 weeks late but I have finally got the motivation to write this post (I'm getting so lazy recently and work is so busy at the moment). I thought I'd share my weekend in Brighton as I had the best time but just a little warning for those who start scrolling- these pictures are probably the worst you have seen. They are taken on my iPhone camera and on snapchat which are quite rushed if I'm honest. I don't spend time on my pictures when I'm out and about. But, I just wanted to upload the pictures to my blog anyway for memories. Hope you don't mind! Haha!









I would just like to point out that when I was younger trains literally freaked me out. I didn't go on days out to London with my family because I refused to get on a train, especially an underground train. So to go into London on an underground train, to get to a station where trains leave to Brighton which takes an hour without being anxious is a big deal to me yay! 

Once we arrived into Brighton we checked into our hotel to drop off our bags and then headed out to the Brighton Pier. It was freezing cold but it was fine as we did a lot of walking and wore warm clothing so the weather didn't bother us too much. The arcades were fun, especially the 10p slot machines. When we walked out onto the Pier again once we finished in the arcades we literally saw two crazy people, in swimming costumes go into the sea, what!!! I wonder how ill they got after, it was one of the coldest days! 

We went on the British Airways i360 which is a large observation tower that is 162 metres tall! It was a really cool experience. You go through security, get pictures on a green screen and go into a pod and all the staff look like air hosts! The views are amazing, I can imagine on a sunny day it would look even more amazing. 

We decided to walk all the way to the Brighton Marina which is a 30 minute walk from the i360 but it literally felt like an hour. My feet hurt so bad as I was wearing over the knee heeled boots and I refused to walk back haha! We went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen and it the best meal I have had in ages. I also tried sweet potato fries for the first time and they are now my new obsession! Then we went Asda to get some snacks to take back to the hotel and got the Bus back to Brighton Station as our hotel was literally right next to it. We watched the TV show don't pay, we'll take it away which is my favourite 'crappy tv' show haha! I needed an early night so bad after an early morning, travelling and walking around all day!

The next day, we woke up early and went to Bill's for breakfast. I really fancied a fry up and it was so tasty. We also had a massive pot of tea which was amazing, I love tea! I do wish I wasn't too full up as I wanted to try the pancakes from Bill's too (am I greedy?). I loved going to the Lanes in Brighton, where there are loads of cool shops. I intended to go the lanes as I really wanted to go ChoccyWoccyDooDah which is chocolate heaven. The dipping pot was delicious and of course I couldn't just have one kind of chocolate! I recommend going here so much! They have massive hot chocolates, milkshakes and cakes too! Then we carried on the trip doing some shopping in town, got the train back to London and then another few changes home. On Sunday night I was suuuppperrr tired I was in bed by 9! 

I have an amazing time in Brighton and I really want to go again in the summer. Thanks for reading!

Louise x

3 comments :

  1. my brother lives in brighton! love love love nosing around all the little hidden shops xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story! You had such a great journey there

    http://www.adhiwahyudi.net/2017/02/elevate-your-office-style-in-high-shine.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I reply to as many as I can as I love to have a chat with my readers about the topics I choose to discuss on my blog. Any comments that are inappropriate will be deleted as I like to keep my blog positive.