7 May 2017

Tarte Maneater Must-Haves Collection


I decided to purchase the Tarte Maneater Collection as it was such a bargain! All these products are worth way over £100 together however I managed to get the set for £43 from QVC UK. Also, I have never tried anything from Tarte before so I justified the purchase more so I could discover the brand and see if it actually does have any must-haves. I love the packaging of the collection, it is so me! I haven't used this products properly- this post is just a first impressions so I can't say I'm a full time lover of Tarte yet.



I was so excited to try the foundation as I have wanted to try it out since it was released ages ago! There was not a lot of shades to choose from when buying this collection so I searched for loads of swatches, and for videos of people with the same skin tone as me... well people who wore fake tan haha! I decided to go with Tan Honey to wear when I am fake tanned (which is all the time). When I first applied it, the shade wasn't what I expected. It wasn't as dark as I wanted and it was kind of pinky- I prefer yellow toned foundations to match my neck. Also, from my first impression it wasn't full coverage. I applied a normal amount that I normally would and I wasn't feeling it. I'm not going to lie, I did wipe it off and put on my trusty L'Oreal True Match. I am going to need to wear this more but for my first impressions I don't really like it.


This eyeshadow palette is the main product which made me buy this collection. I love all the shades and I love how it is not too big so it's easy to fit into a makeup bag. You can create a few looks with the shades available, I do wish there was a lighter brown and another shimmery shade but I do love this palette. The shadows are easy to blend and they last a long time built up under a primer. The mirror is also super handy for on the go application or for taking on holiday.



I can't get over the packaging of this mascara it is soo pretty! The mascara feels luxurious and it makes me really want to use it. However, when I pulled out the wand I was quite scared of how big it is and the type of wand it actually is. The formula is quite wet and it didn't really do anything to my lashes. I will have to wait for this mascara to dry out a bit before using this. My eyes are very watery so I don't know how I'll get on with this. The set also comes with a eyeliner that will be good for the water line as it didn't budge off my hand when I swatched it- I haven't used it yet though.





I am super impressed with this 2 in 1 lipstick and lipgloss. The shade is gorgeous it's the kind of colour I love to wear everyday. It's so handy having a lipgloss at the end as it saves you from carrying around 2 lipsticks in your bag. I do love putting a gloss over my lipstick for a different kind of look.



I haven't used the brushes yet but how amazing do they look? I can tell they will be handy to have in a makeup bag.

I have found some great products from this set and would love to try more from Tarte. I don't think it will personally be my favourite brand but it's always exciting to try new things!

Louise x
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I've never tried anything from Tarte! I love the leopard print packaging though and I love the look of that eyeshadow palette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too everything is so pretty! xx

      Delete
  2. The packaging is just perfect! QVC is worth a browse for a bargain every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aghgh I so want to try these products out! The branding is also amazing and wow did you get them cheap!! X
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's good quality!xx

      Delete
  4. This is collection looks so good! I haven't tried Tarte either! I love the packaging and all the products look really good quality! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photography! Also gutted to hear about that foundation, the packaging is so pretty! Also love the look of that eye-shadow palette, the colours are stunning!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't tried anything from Tarte, i love the look of the palette, i'll have to add it to my wish list!

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg the packaging is SO beaut! I especially love the look of that eyeshadow palette - bet you can create some beaut smokey looks with that!

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need that eye shadow palette in my life! It's so beautiful. I've added it to my makeup wishlist, lol. Thanks for sharing beautiful. πŸŒΈπŸ’—✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.AlishaValerie.com | www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a Tarte package from QVC last year. I think I like the eyeshadows the most too . Lovely pictures.
    Naomi
    https://thenaomiruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so envious of so many people with this kit. The eyeshadow pallet looks perfect. I may have to keep my eye on qvc

    Chloe x
    Thengguidetolondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do deals like this often! xx

      Delete
  11. this set looks amazing. I love the look of the palette and lipstick, so pretty x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig