12 August 2017

Baby Names I Love But Won't Be Using


Everyone on YouTube has been uploading videos about baby names they love but with reasons why they wouldn't use them. I have watched sooo many! Even those who are not pregnant are making the them! I love thinking of names so I thought I'd make my version into a blog post.

Girls names

Emilia - I love this name so much. Ever since watching the Sacconejolys on YouTube I have fell in love with this name. I think Amelia is a really cute name but is over used now. But Emilia makes it a tiny bit different and it sounds like a pretty name. I wouldn't use it because I would be fed up of people calling my baby Amelia by mistake! 

Parker- I absolutely love this name for a girl. However, I wouldn't use it because of how it will be said in an English accent. It would sound so common. In an Essex accent it would sound awful! I love how Americans say Parker! 

Lacey Louise- My mum LOVES this name and would really like me to have a little girl called Lacey Louise as she has always liked this name. She would also love to call my baby Lacey Lou as she thinks it sounds so cute.

Polly- I am in love with this name so much. I can imagine a little blonde Polly, she would look super cute! I probably wouldn't end up with a blonde baby girl though. It would be super annoying if people said "polly pocket".

Isla- I think Isla is a pretty name but I can tell everyone is going to be using Isla now.

Fran- This name sounds really cute but I'd hate it if people kept asking if her name was Francesca or something. Also I wouldn't like anyone to call her Franny.

Nivea- Another name I picked because of  the Sacconejolys. One of their dogs is called Nivea said like ni-vey-ah. I wouldn't like to spell the name Nivea because of the brand lol! Also I hate how Niveyah looks like spelt out. But said out loud it sounds pretty.

Eloise- I think this name is pretty too! But its too similar to my name.

Harri- I watched a video where someone mentioned Harri for a girl. I think it sounds cute but I'd get weird looks calling my daughter Harri haha! I love when names are used for both genders! 

Boys names

Brooklyn- I have always loved this name so much! If I was about to pop one out now it would probably be called Brooklyn. However I reckon as I get older the name will wear off.

Archie- Ever since dollybowbow called her baby Archie I have fallen in love with the name! However it is way too common now! But how cute would a baby Archie be?

Tommie- I think Tommy is such a nice name but I would want to spell it differently. I don't think I'd use it as I don't want my child to be nicknamed Tom.

Mason- I have always liked the name Mason. I wouldn't use it now as I like other names more.

Clay- I think Clay is such a cute name. I wouldn't use as I wouldn't actually want my child to be called Clay though. But I still love it! 13 reasons why got me into that name! 

Freddie- This name is so cute but I hate the name Fred! I'd be so annoyed with everyone shortening the name.

Jesse- I think this name is cute for a boy. I wouldn't use it as I wouldn't want people to call my boy 'Jess' or tease him with it. Plus I don't like someone called Jess lol!

Taylor- I love the name Taylor but my brother is called Taylor so that would be awkward! I'd love to use Taylor as a middle name.

Bradley- I don't know why but I have always liked the name Bradley. I wouldn't use it though as it is too common.

So these are the names I love but wouldn't use. I hope you enjoyed.

Even though this is not a challenge I want to tag some bloggers as I'd like to hear what baby names they love.


Louise x
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Thank you so much for tagging me! I've seen this all over YouTube as well and like seeing everyone go through names. There are some really great names here xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay! Would love to hear yours xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely loved this post, i'm uber obsessed with these types of youtube videos at the moment too. So many i've been adding to ze ole baby name list haha. Some of these are great names. Totally agree with the whole Nivea issue, i've liked that name a lot but I couldn't handle people pronouncing it soo wrong.
    Holly x | http://www.thechroniclesofholly.com/ | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/chronicles-holly-13610625

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed too! haha glad you agree it's such a pretty name though xx

      Delete
  3. Clay is such a nice name! I loved it the moment I read it in 13 Reasons why xx Loved this post! xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this, such cute names! Check out my new post called THE HAIR EDIT

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love
    Instagram @alionawithlove
    YouTube @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  5. my name is Emilia and the amount of people who call me Amelia, Emily and wrong names is ridiculous haha! I love the name Mason, its so cute. I've been addicted to watching these types of videos on youtube, but I'd never seen it as a blogpost. lovely post x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Isla too, but I already know so many.
    I've never heard of Harri, for a girl, but I love it!!
    Enjoyed reading!

    Kayleigh xo
    havea-prettyday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew, my baby's name isn't on the list! And being named Emily, I wouldn't name a daughter Emilia either ;).

    xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of those are cute names! I'm really into any boy name that starts with an E!!
    Also low key couldn't help but think of Riverdale with Polly and Archie on that list ;p

    Olivia | Immobulife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love this post! I agree with Nivea, out loud it sounds so pretty but spelling it and people pronouncing it would be a bit of a nightmare x

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig